The prodigal blogger returns! Sorry for keeping you wait for more than two days for my new post. Cause I do try really hard not to. Finally, guys, you don’t even notice how tied up you get with this university, work and your own social life until you come home to yourself lying down on the bed and reminiscing those days when we didn’t have to go to school or uni. Speaking of, I hear fall/spring break is right around the corner. I know I know even though we live in completely different parts of the universe when we don’t even get to share a season together. Welcome to STARYA! The only continent which doesn’t snow in christmas and is freezing as hell in month of July! * I didn’t quite do my research for the only continent part* However, this post is not entirely about ranting Australia’s climate situation now is it? Aren’t you all excited for all the fun we are going to have in these short one or two weeks break? If you are, then here are some more tips you might wanna explore during your break or if you still aren’t sure yet, don’t just worry as always I have got you covered.
- Make a to-do list: No I am not going high school all over again and this to do list ain’t concerns about your due assignments. But the things you would do to treat yourself this whole break! I have learned over time that creating a to do list for life really helps us to have a insight of our accomplishments in our life. I mean you plan something and achieve it and instead of crossing it out and chuck it in the bin. Post it right in front of your bed on your wall to let yourself know how you have accomplished your simple goal (even though it is buying a Chanel bag cause I am quite damn sure this has been in my to do list for ages)and how it wasn’t as hard as you thought it was three months ago!
- Give yourself a makeover : Yes it is one of my excuse to splurge on shopping but seriously though it is a start of a new season means your wardrobe deserve new colors and so does your life! Change the way you dress or change your hair color or hairstyle or even a makeup look and let yourself expose to new personalities. What I have learned from adoring makeup and fashion for so long is that it can really change the way you present yourself out there and can give you that extra bit of confidence.
- Get in touch with your creative side: I believe everyone borns with their own creativity and believe me guys you might think you suck at something unless you really give it a try. Even though it’s something that really excites you! Flourishing creativity within you calms your inner self and helps de stress your mind. Isn’t that the breaks are really about!
- Take a walk in a beach : Being around beach even though it’s winter or fall helps to soothen out your soul and calm your mind while you are appreciating nature’s beauty! When you have lots of things in mind go take a walk in the beach and let yourself live your moment through every cool breeze you feel. Relax your mind, especially your soul.
- Start a blog or Youtube channel : If you love writing and sharing your ideas start a blog straight away don’t even think twice. There are various free blogging sites like WordPress. Or you can start a Youtube channel and pursue your passion/hobby and help it make your career. One important thing I can tell you about blogging is I love it to bits. I love typing in my computer and reaching to all of you and seriously thinking that someone somewhere is reading your thoughts and appreciating them (c’mon a girl can dream, right? ) feels so surreal.
- Catch up with an old friend or get together with families : You will be surprised kids of 20s what a human interaction is capable of? I mean we all have those friends who we really want to catch up to but can’t since we get tied up to our own life everyday. Go to movies or shopping or photo shooting for instagram . I mean it is fun ofcourse! Or you can get together with families and have some barbecue and talk about life. You might not realsie but having a happy conversation with someone you care can heal you in so many ways.
- Have a netflix and girl’s sleepover chill night: Paint your nails or have a little fashion show at your girlie’s sleepover and watch some horror and completely romantic movies. Engage in conversation and gossip. Admit it ladies, been there and done that!
- Organise a home spa day for yourself : You can ask your girls to come over and make it more fun. All you need is a bath tub filled bubbles and scented candles on the side with a great novel in your hand or phone if you like to watch videos or listen to music while having your own time.
- Catch up on school work: While having an amazing break, don’t forget to remind yourself about the tons of due assignments and school works. I know I know no one wants to do that in a break but I am talking about that last 5 days of break when every two or three hours a day commit yourself to school work so that it won’t overload you when you go back to school. (I admit I won’t do this as well but hey we all can try for once).
- Finally, treat yourself : Now that you have pasted all the to do lists onto your wall(hoping it all was completed ofcourse) have a look at it and reward yourself for something you thought you won’t be able to achieve like two weeks ago. You don’t have to buy something extremely expensive for it. Buy something simple that always meant something to you and keep it close where you can always have a look and reminisce of what an amazing spring/fall break I had. 😉
– Monica xx