I guess I am not the only girl with “confused” face on, in the makeup aisle. When it comes to choosing that perfect shade of your foundation, you always want to make sure that you get the one that fits your skin tone the best. But, have you ever wondered? What about the eyeshadow shades? I feel like most of the times we buy eyeshadow/eyeshadow palettes out of the hype without even considering if it will match our skin tone. But honestly, most of the time we actually have no idea which eye shade would match our skin tone perfectly. I got the idea of doing this post when one of my dark skin tone friend asked me to blog on a makeup look that would suit every skin tone. But, as usual, me trying to think outside of the box, I have come up with *THE EIGHT* eyeshadow shades that flatter every skin tone. I like to call them “THE UNIVERSAL SHADES“.
1. Forever Gold: I can say this without any doubt that the shade “Gold” would look perfect on any skin type. It is one of the most versatile shade I have ever come across with and whenever I have doubts? Gold is the shade to go. I feel like it can compliment any eye color/ skin tone. This one is called “Arabian Nights” by Napolean Pedris.
2. Purple Fever: Purple is another most versatile shade out there, especially the metallic ones as it can easily pop up in any skin tone. I feel like purple eye shadow look can glam up any look. This one is called “On the tennis quartz” by Australis Cosmetics.
3. The Champagne Pop: Champagne is the MOST versatile shade, especially the metallic one, which is extremely pigmented. Champagne is the one of the most common shade in every palette, yet so universal. I guess that is why it is included in most of the palettes, no matter the brand. It can open up any eyes/skin tone if used even in the inner corner of eyes or used as a wash of color on the lid. This one is called “guns and rose petals” by Australis Cosmetics.
4. Rowdy Red: This is the more like maroon than the red shade but, in form of metallic. I think the intensity of this shimmery bold shade is so universal, it can compliment any skin tone. Especially on the dark-skinned type, this could complement any makeup look. This one is called “Plum Diddy” by Australis Cosmetics.
5. Rose Gold: This is the most trendy eye shade that would genuinely flatter any skin tone. Rose Gold is like mixture of kind of gold and copper-ish shade, but more in the soft zone. This kind of shade would flatter the “soft glam” makeup looks. For that warm and soft makeup looks, rose gold is the way to go for any skin tone. This one is called “Burn Out” from Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay.
6. Warm Orange: When it comes to matte shade, the warm orange is my way to go shade for the “transition color”. The transition shade is the most important part of your eye makeup look. It is the shade that actually helps to combine the lid shade and crease shade together, and also to help diffuse the colors most effortlessly. The warm orange shade is the universal matte shade which would look good in any skin tone. This one is the “burnt orange” shade from Morphe Brushes 35 W palette.
7. Smokey Brown: When it comes to smokey eyes, full on black might not suit every skin tone. Also, it might appear harsh on some skin tone. Hence, replacing the black shade with dark brown can easily help blend in the shade with any skin tone and also can flatter any eye color, especially brown itself. This one is the “dark brown” shade from Morphe Brushes 35 W palette.
8. Lilac Mauve: You might think, what? But Lilac shade is so unique yet versatile shade that can complement any skin tone. Especially the matte one, if used as a crease color, but also as a wash of color on the lid, can amp up any makeup look. This shade flatters best if used softly in fair skin tones, but a bit boldly in dark skinned. This one is “lilac mauve” shade from Carly Bybel Palette by BH Cosmetics.
Thank you guys for your time. I hope you all find it helpful. Stay tuned for more makeup/fashion posts.
– Monica x.