It hasn’t been that long since Rihanna dropped a bomb in this beauty world and we all desperately waited to be its victim. I assume a lot of us are still waiting to go ahead and invest in it. When Rihanna launched her makeup line called FENTY BEAUTY, I honestly couldn’t wait to splurge all over it. However, being a responsible adult, which I tend to be most of the times I managed to get my hands on her most hyped Foundation and the Gold Highlighter “Trophy Wife“. I have seen a lot of reviews regarding this foundation and come across a lot of positive feedbacks too. Let’s go ahead and find out what I absolutely loved and what I think could be improved about this foundation.
What I absolutely loved:
- The Shade Variations: When I said Rihanna dropped the bomb, she dropped all those 40 different shades of Foundation to possibly match every skin tone out there. This was a very clever move as a brand itself cause it breaks the most repeated Foundation myth that lacks the effective shade range for darker skin tone. I think this is what makes the brand so easily approachable cause as a customer, you just know that you will find something that will match you out of all those 40 shades. However, the first tip I wanna give everyone out there is this is not a foundation you buy online. You might find yourself overwhelmed in between the shades. So, it’s better to take a walk to your closest Sephora and name it yours.
- Coverage Range: Rihanna was definitely not playing around when she was coming out with this Makeup Line. This Foundation is completely full coverage. It is actually the best cause little is more when it comes to this foundation. Since the moment I bought this foundation and up until now, I never had to go ahead with that “second layer” for photo finish look. (And you know how I love getting glammed up). My second tip for this foundation is it is definitely created for on-camera moments or for that night out looks with your gals. It might be a little bit heavier side for everyday use but you might get away with it by using just one pump of it.
- Finish ( Glossy or Matte): As the name suggests, this foundation gives you a full effect of pro filter. You will definitely look like you have a filter on. It has a soft matte finish and is ideal for our oily or combination skin types. It also limits oiliness and shine in T Zone area for long period of time. My third tip for this foundation is to moisturize a lot and take a necessary skin care steps for gals with dry skin types.
- Longevity: This foundation is definitely long wear. I didn’t test it out today particularly. But, I have been using it to work and sometimes I do 8 hours shift and I tend to sweat a lot too. It takes me one hour to commute from home to work and vice versa. So, you can say I have this foundation on my face for about 10 hours. My fourth tip is to use this foundation accompanied with the Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer for all those extremely oily skin types to avoid the foundation fading away.
- Price Range: As a price for a high-end Makeup Brand in Sephora, I think Rihanna came up with an understandable price range. We have seen a lot of high-end makeup brands such as Marcs Jacobs beauty, Huda Beauty and so on with price ranging from 65$. However, the end results of the foundation are almost similar. My fifth tip with this foundation is to be very careful when deciding upon a shade. Make sure the shade matches you perfectly and if your shade is sold out. Definitely, wait until they stock up. Sometimes, once we decide to buy something we get kind of hasty and buy it anyway even though the shade doesn’t match ( don’t tell me I am alone in this department). This Foundation is pricey even though the price is understandable. Do not make a mistake of having to purchase it again cause of the wrong shade.
What I think could be improved?
- Quick to Dry: This foundation dries out too quickly once you dot it or if you are a paint kinda gal, paint it in your face. You will need to move quickly when it comes to blending. If it does dry quickly, you will find it hard to blend unless you literally soak the hell out of your beauty blender. My sixth tip for this foundation is to work in a partition. You might need to put the foundation on one side of your face and blend it first and repeat the same process to the other side if you are not someone who can blend as quick as possible.
- Harder to find it suitable for dryer skin: I am a very oily skin gal. However, my skin does tend to act out sometimes and becomes a combination. But, I have been on the oiler side most of the times. This foundation works perfectly for me as it matte out my oily face and balances my complexion pretty well. However, if you have very dryer skin and prefer the glossy or dewy finish foundation, then this foundation might not be the right choice for you. My seventh tip for this foundation is to moisturize your skin very well before using this foundation so that it won’t settle in your dry and flakey area.
THE FINAL VERDICT
I definitely had a number of things that I loved about this foundation as compared to the number of things that I thought needed improving. As I compare the foundation itself with the outcome it claims, it does a pretty good job and it is definitely worth trying for all of those who are still hesitant in buying them. For those, who already bought them I hope this post helped you discover more good/bad parts on this foundation. I will definitely keep up with the trend and try to review new stuff as they land. But your gal is a full-time worker and going through a lot so please be understanding. As Always. Thank you for making this far.
I bought the shade “310 Warm Tan”. I knew this shade is going to be 2x darker for my skin tone. I bought it anyway cause all other lighter shades that would match me were sold out and I couldn’t wait. I can, however, make it work for my skin tone and also I do makeup for my clients too from time to time so it was a good investment.