Yes ladies! I am going to ask you to drink a lot of water, get enough sleep and reduce the amount of stress and all sorts of bla bla blas. Seriously though they are effective advises merely concerning the dark circles and amount of tiredness your eyes has to go through! But when you actually think about it! Drinking enough water – checked. Getting enough sleep – checked. Especially, not being on your phone for too long – umm no? No one has time to even pretend to live a perfect life when everything especially time is passing really quickly. It’s not a hack if it’s not instant sister!
However though, I will include natural as well as artificial way of covering/concealing under eye dark circles. Cause, I know some of us still rely on natural way of preventing problems rather than looking for instant fixes.
Let’s start from Natural way, shall we?
- Use brightening ingredients: such as lemon which has skin lightening properties and can help reduce/prevent dark circles underneath your eye if used regularly. As well as cucumber, cause of its skin lightening + mild astringent properties, it helps to fix the dark circles as well as provides you with that refreshment.
- Use naturally bleaching agent: such as raw potatoes, that helps remove dark circles by lightening the undereye area and helps to soothe out puffiness underneath your eyes.As well as tomatoes, cause of its lightening properties, it helps cancelling out that discoloration underneath your eyes if used regularly.
- Use rejuvenating skin care product: such as rose water which helps to soothe out delicate under eye area and makes you feel less tired.
Now let’s talk about makeup:
You know why a simple lipstick is so powerful amongst women? cause basically, it can even help to conceal the dark circles! Yes you heard me. Many of us who are 24/7 on Youtube probably have heard about this cause many youtubers never stopped raving about this technique which I like to call;
- A color correcting technique: So this is my undereye without using any product.
So before moving on, I would like you to acknowledge this color wheel and find out which category of undereye discoloration you have cause everyone has different skin types; hence different type of discoloration underneath their eyes.
Now we have acknowledged our undereye type lets move on to ways of fixing them.
a. Using lipstick as color corrector: Not all of us can have access to a good/affordable color correcting makeup product. Especially, country like Nepal, it is very hard to find one so lets not even talk about the quality. But we all have access to our basic orange/red lipstick. Yes ladies! apply a thin layer of red/orange lipstick underneath your eye before applying your makeup and follow through using foundation and top it off by using concealer for that instant under eye dark circle removal. Don’t forget to set your undereyes using compact powder for it to last longer.
b. Using a color correcting product:
I use the one with pink undertones or salmon colored and yellow one to color correct my undereye dark circles. So I just apply thin layer of this underneath my eye and blend it with foundation and concealer. It really helps to color correct my discoloration underneath my eye and also leave my eye brightened throughout the day.
Now let’s compare the end result of using both lipstick and color corrector:
Can you tell the difference? not really!
3. Baking: Baking generally means cooking your makeup! Color correcting and concealing dark circles – check. But what’s the point if it is gonna melt in like an hour or if it starts to crease! Therefore. if you are an extremely oily creature like me then this technique will definitely come in handy for you. So what I usually do is place the loose setting powder or foundation powder, (I use one by Nude by Nature) under my eyes for like good 5-8 minutes and blend it away using my powder brush. This will prevent the concealer from creasing and helps to make it last longer!
There you go guys! I get asked this a lot and I hope I have cleared your queries for dark circles entirely. There you go now you all can finally say; dark circles removal – checked!
– Monica xxx