Yes, I am talking about the timelessly sexy and glamorous eye look that never goes out of style. I mean ladies will just never stop raving about the legendary smokey eye! I mean why should they? It’s so simple yet so glamorous and not a rocket science job….. so chill!
So let’s get started, shall we?
- Primer: No priming is crime ladies! God I literally wanted to rhyme it but failed! anyway, primer will help to cancel out any discoloration in your eyelids and make a clear base for your eyeshadows. It will also help to give out the more vibrant colors from the shadows and helps the makeup from creasing! However, if you do not have access to eyeshadow primer then you can use your concealer as a primer as well but do not forget to set it with the powder to prevent it from creasing.
- Transition color: Smokey eye is all about layering up the eyeshadows from light to dark to create that soft gradient look. Therefore, use the light color first along your crease line and contour the crease.
3. The outer V: You would want to be really light handed throughout the process of smokey eye cause you wanna slowly deposit the color into your eye for that soft gradient finish. I am going to do the same, keep layering the colors from light to dark being very light handed throughout the process.
4. Blend: DO NOT ever leave the colors as it is. Blending is key for smokey eye. The more you blend the more diffused and smoked out eye makeup look you get. So keep blending ladies!
5. The eyelid: Once you are happy with the intensity of your outer V, let’s move onto the eye lids. For a simple look I think the classic neutral smokey eye would be the best.
6. Winged eyeliner and Mascaras: Winged eyeliner is pretty popular with smokey eye as it goes very well together. If you wanna stop there and use a mascara then you can do that but for my bold ladies out there you can check out my previous post for step by step eyeliner tutorial. This time I wanted to leave out falsies cause this a simple smokey eye look. However, you can go ahead and use one if you like. But if not make sure you use the waterproof one as it helps to hold the curl longer. Coat both upper and lower lashes with mascara and you’re done.
I hope you all find it helpful and have fun playing around with it.
– Monica xx
Morphe Brushes 35 W eyeshadow pallete –http://www.beautybay.com/_/N-/?Ntk=All&Ntt=morphe+brushes&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial
Naked3 eyeshadow pallete – http://mecca.com.au/
Lash Sensational Mascara: https://www.priceline.com.au/brand/maybelline